- 2022 - 2024 Mesoscopic origami from van der Waals heterostructures, Czech Science Foundation
- 2018 - 2022 Carbon allotropes with rationalized nanointerfaces and nanolinks for environmental and biomedical applications (CARAT); Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports
- 2017 - 2022 Trans-spin Nanoarchitectures: from birth to functionalities in magnetic field (TSuNAMI); ERC Starting grant
- 2018 - 2021 Full professor, Department of Condensed Matter Physics (DCMP), CU
- 2018 - 2021 Associate professor, Department of Condensed Matter Physics (DCMP), CU
- 2017 Senior scientist, Department of Condensed Matter Physics (DCMP), CU
- 2017 Senior scientist, Department of Magnetic Nanosystems (MNS), Institute of Physics (IP), Czech Academy of Sciences (CAS) (part time)
- 2015 – present Associate professor, Department of Inorganic Chemistry (DIC), CU (part time)
- 2015 ‘habilitation’ in condensed matter physics, Charles University (CU
- 2013 – 2016 Head of Department of MNS, IP CAS
- 2011 – 2015 Researcher & lecturer, DIC CU (part time)
- 2011 – 2012 Senior scientists, Department of Functional Materials, IP CA
- 2008 – 2010 Assistant professor, Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, DCMP CU
- 2003 - 2007 Ph.D. in condensed matter physics, Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, CU
- 2000 – 2007 Junior researcher & lecturer, Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, DCMP CU
- 1998 - 2003 Mgr. (equiv. MSc.) in chemistry (with honours), Faculty of Science, CU
Fellowship and stay abroad
- 2012 Visiting scientist, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- 2010 Research fellow, Institute for Materials Research, University Hasselt
- 2010 Research fellow, Quantum Beam Center, National Institute for Materials Research, Tsukuba
- 2005 Visiting scientist, Instytut Niskich Temperatur i Badań Strukturalnych, Wroclaw
- 2002 Visiting junior scientist, Toyama Prefectural University
- 2000 – 2016 Frequent 2 – 8 week stays in large facilities (Helmholtz Zentrum Berlin, Institute Laue Langevin Grenoble, ANKA Karlsruhe, High-field laboratory Dresden, ELETTRA Trieste)
- 2003 Heyrovsky Award
- 2004 Odehnal Award by the Union of Czech Mathematicians and Physicists
- 2008 Award of the Minister of Education, Youth and Sports for extraordinary achievements in condensed matter physics and materials research
- 2010 Scopus/Elsevier Award for results of major significance
- 2014 Otto Wichterle Award for exceptionally outstanding young scientists at the Czech Academy of Sciences
- 2015 Representative of the Czech Academy of Sciences in large medial campaign ‘Personalities’ in occasion of its 125th anniversary
- 2018 Asian Pacific Society Award certificate
- 2019 F. Behounek Award by the Minister of Education, Youth and Sports for the promotion and popularization of Czech science and the dissemination of the good name of the Czech Republic in the European Research Area
- PI of 16 granted projects with total budget ~ 3.200.000 EUR (H2020 - ERC Starting grant TSuNAMI, 7FP, Czech Science Foundation, Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports, Grant Agency of the Charles University, etc.)
Pacakova, B., Kubickova, S, Salas, G., Mantlikova, A.R., Marciello, M., Morales, M.P., Niznansky, D., Vejpravova, J.*, The internal structure of magnetic nanoparticles determines the magnetic response, Nanoscale (2017), 9, 5129-5140.
Kubickova S., Niznansky D., Morales M.P.H., Salas G., Vejpravova J.*, Structural disorder versus spin canting in monodisperse maghemite nanocrystals, Applied Physics Letters (2014), 104, 22, 223105.
Verhagen T., Klimes J., Pacakova B., Kalbac M., Vejpravova J.*, Anomalous Freezing of Low-Dimensional Water Confined in Graphene Nanowrinkles, ACS Nano 2020, 14, 11, 15587-15594..
Miksatko J., Aurelio D., Kovaricek P., Michlova M., Veverka M., Fridrichova M., Matulkova I., Zacek M., Kalbac M., Vejpravova J.*, Thermoreversible magnetic nanochains, Nanoscale 11 (2019) 16773 – 16780..
Verhagen T., Guerra V. L. P., Golam H., Kalbac M., Vejpravova J., Towards evaluation of defects in MoS2 using cryogenic photoluminescence spectroscopy, Nanoscale 2020, 12, 3019 – 3028.