Farjana J. Sonia, Ph.D
Post-doc, Department of Electrochemical Materials
Electrochemical metal-ion storage in carbonaceous/composite materials; optoelectronic properties of 2D materials
Electrochemistry, materials science, graphene, transition metal dichalcogenides, spectroscopic techniques
- 2019 – present Post-doctoral fellow, electrochemical metal ion storage and optoelectronic properties of 2D and composite materials, Nanocarbon group, J. Heyrovsky Institute of Physical Chemistry, Czechia, (superv. Dr. Otakar Frank).
- 2013 – 2019 Ph.D., Electrochemical Li-ion and K-ion storage in graphene and its variants, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bombay, India.
- 2011 – 2013 M.Sc., Physics, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bombay, India.
- 2008 – 2011 B.Sc., Physics, Jadavpur university, India.
- Sonia et al. Understanding the processing-structure-performance relationship in graphene and its variants as anode material for Li-ion batteries: A review; Carbon 156 (2020) 130-165
- Sonia et al. Enhanced and faster potassium storage in graphene with respect to graphite: a comparative study with lithium storage; ACS Nano 13 (2019) 2190-2204
- Sonia et al. Understanding the Li-Storage in Few Layers Graphene with Respect to Bulk Graphite: Experimental, Analytical and Computational Study; J. Mater. Chem. A 5 (2017) 8662–8679
- Sonia et al. Correlations between Preparation Methods, Structural Features and Electrochemical Li-Storage Behavior of Reduced Graphene Oxide; Nanoscale 9 (2017) 11303–11317
- Sonia et al. Insight into the Mechanical Integrity of Few Layers Graphene upon Lithiation/Delithiation via In-situ Monitoring of Stress Development; Carbon 88 (2015) 206–214