Ing. Jan Plšek Ph.D.
Post-doc, Department of Low-dimensional Systems
Room: 313, 225
Characterization of solid surfaces (2D materials, model and real catalysts, thin metal or oxide films, alloys, zeolites, layers produced by pulsed laser deposition) by photoelectron spectroscopy and temperature programmed desorption.
Photoelectron spectroscopy, temperature programmed desorption, Raman spectroscopy
- 2002 - present research scientist at J. Heyrovský Institute of the Physical Chemistry, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic
- 2001 PhD. in solid state engineering (Faculty of Physical and Nuclear Engineering, Technical University, Prague (supervisor: Prof.Dr. S. Vratislav) jointly with J. Heyrovský Institute of the Physical Chemistry, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic (supervisor Dr. Z. Knor)
- 1995 Ing. degree in solid state engineering (Faculty of Physical and Nuclear Engineering, Technical University, Prague)
- J. Plšek, P. Kovaříček, V. Valeš, M. Kalbáč, Tuning the Reactivity of Graphene by Surface Phase Orientation, Chem. - A Eur. J. 23 (2017) 1839–1845. doi:10.1002/chem.201604311.
- J. Plšek, K.A. Drogowska, V. Valeš, J. Ek Weis, M. Kalbac, Decomposition of Fluorinated Graphene under Heat Treatment, Chem. - A Eur. J. 22 (2016) 8990–8997. doi:10.1002/chem.201600901
- J. Plšek, Field emission study of pulsed laser deposition of gold on clean and oxidized tungsten tip, Appl. Surf. Sci. 292 (2014) 717–725. doi:10.1016/j.apsusc.2013.12.039
- I. Jirka, M. Vandrovcová, O. Frank, Z. Tolde, J. Plšek, T. Luxbacher, et al., On the role of Nb-related sites of an oxidized β-TiNb alloy surface in its interaction with osteoblast-like MG-63 cells, Mater. Sci. Eng. C. 33 (2013) 1636–1645. doi:10.1016/j.msec.2012.12.073
- J. Plšek, Z. Bastl, Pulsed laser deposition of bimetallic gold-platinum nanoparticles on cerium oxide and their characterisation by X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy and temperature-programmed desorption of isotopically labelled carbon monoxide, J. Catal. 299 (2013). doi:10.1016/j.jcat.2012.11.025.